Peace Church Risk Retention Group (PCRRG)
PCRRG is a member owned provider of general and professional liability insurance for Peace Church (Brethren, Mennonite and Quaker) aging services organizations.
Formed in 2004, PCRRG now has 47 member-owner organizations in 19 states.As a result of careful governance and management and the support of highly effective risk management strategies, PCRRG members have received rate reductions in 9 out of 11 renewal years and more than $14 million in returned premiums over the life of the program.
- The members elect a governing board, establish standing work/advisory committees in four critical management areas, and engage qualified professionals to provide the management and day to day functions needed to operate a quality insurance company.
- PCRRG provides “Claims Made” coverage for general and professional liability, with coverage enhancements often exceeding their prior policy.
- Aggressive risk management is central to the company’s success. Every policyholder commits to take on a major risk management responsibility, and PCRRG has engaged ECRI Institute, a national risk management consulting firm, to support members in achieving risk management goals.
- Financial stability is managed through the one time capital contribution of each entering member and through the purchase of re-insurance to limit the ultimate financial risk to PCRRG and its members.
- The result is:
- Control of access to quality liability coverage
- Stable/declining costs
- A culture of effective risk management
- Relationships of mutual aid and mutual accountability for the long-term
- Administration of the program and treatment of individuals consistent with the values of the participating organizations
- Resource Partners, Lancaster PA, provides the executive underwriting and overall management function in support of the governing body
PCRRG is available to prospective new members based on the following criteria:
- 1. Each must be an aging services member of the Fellowship of Brethren Homes, Friends Services for the Aging or MHS.
- 2. Each must have a five year organizational history, unless related to another PCRRG member.
- 3. Each must contribute to the company’s capitalization.
- 4. Each must commit itself to the risk management philosophy and policies of PCRRG.
For more information on PCRRG contact Phil Leaman at (717) 293-7840 x2 or Phil@ResourcePartnersOnline.org